Other tool Operation
Step 1 Prepare tool
Need prepare SecureCRT or Xshell,
Step2 Check the network
Make sure the network connection is good
1、Ping the IP of DSS,
2、If you see the result shown in the following figure, the network is ready;
If you see a result like the one shown below, the network is not ready, pls check it .
Step3 Enable SSH
1st generation DSS（DSS016，DSS4004）
- If firmware version is 6.07 or earlier,SSH is enabled by default ；
- If the firmware version is 6.08, you need to access the configuration page to enable the SSH connection ,as below picture
2th generation DSS（DSS7016-S2，DSS4004-S2）, you need enable the SSH connection as shown in the picture
Step4 if you want login background in WAN, pls make sure the port 22 is mapped;
telnet + IP of DSS+22.
For example, type: telnet 10.35.98.128 22
Note: Only DSS4004；DSS7016 can login background in WAN. for DSS4004-S2；DSS7016-S2, can only login background in LAN
Step4 if want login in WAN, pls make sure the port 22 is open ;
If the port 22 is already open, the result will be show like below
If the port 22 is closed or SSH is disabled, the result will be show like below
Step5 Login the background by SecureCRT
Click “Quick Connect” button and you will see the connection Pop-up window.
Enter the connection configuration and click the connect button, then you will see the login Pop-up window.
Host name is ip address of DSS, port : 22, username : root, as picture 4.
The default password is dh-qQ3j! or dahua2006. When the password of config system is modified, the login password is also modified to 7ujMko0+password of config system ( for example, the PW of config system is admin123, the background password is 7ujMko0admin123 )
You will see the window like below pic if login success.
There are two ways to upgrade firmware：
1、suggest using Configtool
2、If the firmware version is 6.01 or earlier，you can only use Configtool for upgrading
【Upgrade firmware】Use ConfigTool
Step1 On the admin page of DSS, select System -> Upload -> click upload icon to download the tool
Below shows the tool
Unzip the file and find the configtool.exe file in the directory in the figure below
Step2 login DSS by tool:
(1) User name：admin
(2) Password: use the password of DSS config page
Factory default password: 123456 or admin
Step3 Open the new firmware （bin suffix），then click “Upgrade”; if the upgrade is successful, it will be prompted to upgrade successfully
【Upgrade firmware】Web upgrade
Step1 go to DSS config page，select “System Upgrade”， then browser the new firmware（bin suffix），click “Apply ” to upgrade，
Step1 login background
Step2 type：cd /opt;ls |grep -v tmp|xargs rm -rf; 【1】
Then press “enter ” key
then wait for a while , until next line “/opt#” appear,
Type command：cd /bak 【2】
Type command：mv db_backup date20190628 【3】
Type command：reboot 【4】
Then need wait about 20~40 minutes
Step1 login background
Step2 type：cd /opt/dss;ll 【1】
Then will show many service, for example ,
I want get the log of DMS
Type: cd DMS 【2】
Type: cd /log 【3】
Type: ll 【4】
Then will show all the logs of DMS within 30 days
Type: sz +the log name 【5】
For example , I want to download the log of 2019.6.28,
Need type:sz DMS_10534-2019-06-28-20-01-47.log
Step5 log downlod path
Step1 login background
Step2 Go to log path; tpye command: cd /log
Step3 Capture command：tcpdump -s 0 -i any -w filename.pcap -v port xxx or host deviceIP
- -i any ： Specify the network card of grab packets, lo means capture loop network card, eth0 means capture network card 1. “any” means all network card,
Note: if you have set load balancing configuration in the DSS , need using bond0, you should check by type ifconfig in background
- -w filename：Output the package to a file named filename with the.pcap suffix that can be opened with wireshark
- -v ：Output the current capture information in the process of capturing packets
- port ：port number
- host ip: ip address of dvevice, for example :IPC,NVR,etc
Step3 for example, you want to catch the packet between the DSS and the IPC: 10.15.124.10
type: tcpdump -s 0 -i any -w ah.pcap -v host 10.15.124.10
Then repeating the problem
Step4 After repeating the problem ， we need stop capturing package.
press : ctrl + c
Step5 save the package
type: sz ah.pcap
We can also view the location of the downloaded file in the session options
Step6 provide the information of device
Need provide the ID number and IP address of the problem device
【Other tool Operation—SDK】 test Dahua device
- Download the SDK file from Dahua website: https://www.dahuasecurity.com/support/downloadCenter/softwares?id=2&child=3
- Unzip the file
- Enter the folder (B) of the function that you want to test, and copy all the file in folder bin (A) into the folder B.
- Open the .exe in folder B and test the function.
For example: Copy all the files in C:\Users\27262\Desktop\General_NetSDK_Eng_Win64_IS_V3.050.0000005.4.R.190305\bin into C:\Users\27262\Desktop\General_NetSDK_Eng_Win64_IS_V3.050.0000005.4.R.190305\demo\MfcDemo\01.RealPlayAndPTZControl\bin\x64release, open RealPlayAndPTZControl.exe to test.
【Other tool Operation—SDK】
- Open the .exe file, and input the information to login.
- After that you can try the basic function of dahua device， IPC/PTZ/NVR/XVR/VTO，etc.
- If the SDK works fine, it indicates that the device is ok.
【Other tool Operation—VLC】
- Run VLC to check RTSP stream
- Select Media > Open Network Stream >Network
- Input: rtsp://IP:<port>/cam/realmonitor?channel=<channelNo>&subtype=<typeNo>
<ip> :the IP address of the Dahua video product.
<port >:the default port is 554. It can be omitted.
<channelNo> :the channel number. It starts from 1.
<typeNo> :the stream type. The <typeNo> of main stream is 0, extra stream 1 is 1, extra stream 2 is 2.
【Other tool Operation—ODM】
- 1. Input onvif username and password.
- 2. Add the device
- 3. Modify the IP and apply.
【Other tool Operation—ODM】test onvif protocal device
Operation like Live video, as the left picture shows.