How to add device and preview the video?
All the HDCVI recorder support the HDCVI/CVBS camera input and the IP camera input.
- Dahua XVR (GUI4.0) running the latest firmware.
- A display connected to the Dahua recorder.
HDCVI Video Preview- Step by Step Instruction
1. Plug and Play
1) Connect the camera and XVR with a coaxial cable.
Note: The video signal should comply with your national standards.
The camera shall be installed in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, inflammable, explosive substances and etc.
The camera and the DVR should have the same grounding.
Keep the video signal away from the strong electromagnetic interference, especially the high tension current.
2) XVR devices support HDCVI\AHD\TVI\Analog self-adaptive input, just select “auto” to self-adapt the input signal, or just select the matching channel type in camera settings.
3) If the connection is fine, and the video resolution is in XVR limitation, the video will appear in the corresponding channel in a few seconds.
2. Adjust Image Performance
- Generally, the image performance is good by default setting. You can also adjust the parameter in MAIN MENU->CAMERA->IMAGE.
Select a proper channel.
Set a specific effective time period for the configuration.
Common parameters setting.
It is to enhance video quality. The larger the value is, the clearer the video is. But more noise will be introduced.
It is to process the noise of the image. The larger the value is, the softer the image is.
IP Video Preview- Step by Step Instruction
1. Enable IP Channel Input
1) Select Main Menu > CAMERA > CHANNEL TYPE.
2) Configure the channels.
- Convert the Analog channel to IP channel: The physical coaxial channel is disabled and you can add the IPC in the channel.
- Extend the extra IP Channel: If you extend the 5–8 channels, you can add more IPCs but the intelligent function will be limited.
3) Click “Apply” and Click “OK” for the popup message, make the system restart to activate the channel setting.
2. Add IP camera
- For IP cameras, we should set the IP address for each device (IP cameras and HDCVI recorders). What’s more, all the IP address should be in the same network and not conflict with each other.
Note: This function is available after you have configured the channel type as IP channel.
2.1 Adding Remote Devices Automatically
1) Select Main Menu > CAMERA > REGISTRATION > Registration, the Registration interface is displayed.
2) Click “Device Search”, tick the interested camera,
3) Click “Add”, then the device will appear in the added device region and image of the camera will show in the corresponding channel.
4) Make sure the camera user & password is correctly input. Click Edit
to change the password.
5) “Status” green shows the camera works fine, red means the camera is not connected successfully.
2.2 Adding Remote Devices Manually
1) On the Registration interface, click Manual Add.
2) Set parameters on the page shown, Click “OK”, system connects to the corresponding front-end device of current channel on the interface.
3. Set IPC Encoding Parameters
The IPC support front-end encoding, so we can set the IPC encoding parameters in IPC WEB manager. What’s more, the XVR could control the IPC from network, so we can also set the IPC encoding parameters in XVR.
- Select Main Menu > CAMERA > ENCODE > Encode
The main stream is enabled by default and the sub stream encoding can be enabled or disabled depending on the requirements. There are 3 main parameters : Compression, Resolution and Frame rate.
4. Preview the IPC video
When in 1 split view, the XVR will show IPC main stream video.
When in multiple split view, the XVR will show IPC sub stream video.
5. Adjust Image Performance
Generally, the image performance is good by default setting. You can also adjust the parameter in MAIN MENU->CAMERA->IMAGE.
1) Set the image parameters.
2) Click “Apply” to activate the configurations on this page.