How to set HDD initial configuration?
For the security consideration, you should be initialize the device after factory default.
- Dahua XVR (GUI4.0) running the latest firmware.
- A display connected to the Dahua recorder.
Step by Step Instruction
1. HDD Installation
|1.Remove the screws to take off the cover.||2.Remove the screws to take off the bracket.||3.Put the HDD onto the bracket.|
|4.Match the holes on the bracket with the screw holes on HDD.||5.Use screws to fix the HDD onto the bracket.||6.(Optional) Put the battery cable through the hole to connect into the cable port.|
|7.Use the HDD cable and power cable to connect HDD and mainboard.||8.Install the bracket back and then fasten the screws.||9.Put back the cover and fasten the screws.|
2. Basic Settings
1) Select Main Menu > STORAGE > BASIC to configure the settings for the basic settings parameters
- HDD Full: It is to select working mode when hard disk is full.
- Select Stop Record to stop recording
- Select Overwrite to overwrite the recorded video files always from the earliest time.
- Package Mode: There are two ways for you to set: Time Length or File Length.
- Auto Delete Old Files: Never or Customized.
2) Click Apply to complete the settings.
3. HDD Formatting
1) Select Main Menu > STORAGE > HDD MANAGER.
Select the HDD that you want to format, click Format, in the pop-up message, click OK to start formatting, and then following the onscreen message to complete formatting.
If there is no HDD installed, the system can save up to 10,000 logs.
If there is HDD installed and has been formatted, the system can save up to 500,000 logs.
If there is HDD installed, the logs about system operations are saved in the memory of the Device and other types of logs are saved into the HDD. If there is no HDD installed, the other types of logs are also saved in the memory of the Device.
When formatting the HDD, the logs will not be lost. However, if you take out the HDD from the Device, the logs might be lost.