How to set HDD initial configuration?
- Dahua NVR running the latest firmware.
- A display connected to the Dahua recorder.
Step by Step Instruction
1. No HDD Alarm
Open main menu, SETTINGS->EVENT->ABNORMALITY, uncheck in the red box to disable no HDD alarm, otherwise the device will keep alarming when no HDD is installed.
2. HDD Formatting
The massive log is valid after HDD formatting.
(1) Open main menu, SETTINGS->STORAGE->HDD MANAGE.
(2) Select the HDD that needs to be formatted.
(3) Click “Format”.
(4) After formatting, click “Apply”. It is recommended to restart the device after formatting.
3. HDD Full
(1) Open main menu, SETTINGS->Storage->Basic
(2) Choose the different modes, it will overwrite previous files or just stop record if the HDD is full.
Notes: NVR does not overwrite the locked files.